Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Today I finally back in and working on the decipherments again after vacation and spending sometime today catching up on all of the information I have missed.  I picked up the search for WTEN from where I left off before going on my vacation and still no luck with finding WTEN after going through all 8 volumes.  So I have decided to leave WTEN  for last and pick up with WAPAGOKHOS the next time I begin deichpering.
Also I am currently dealing with financial aid issues and was not able to be in yesterday.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Craig

1 comment:

  1. Craig,

    WTENK is a tough one. You did an yeoman's task to find out that it is not findable.

    I solved it in 3.1, but I think the meaning in that stanza is different. Still my reference in 3.1 said Sherwin vol. 1, page 241-242. [I hope you notice that recording the Sherwin page numbers is VERY important. The habit comes in handy six years later.]

    Looking at page 1.24-242, I began to think the "WT" is the Lenape syllable "Wit," which means "with."

    If that was so, then the "enk" must be another syllable.

    On page 5.33 the Norse under the long word beginning with "ENK--" is the old Norse "einka," which means "separate."

    So the stanza maker may have been saying "with separation" from the previous story. That seems to be the meaning of WTENK in the future stanzas we have to decipher.

    I suggest we stay with these choices unless the Drottkvaett analysis indicates we should have a better set of syllables and meaning.

    Tough one. Doesn't fell like it, but good job!

    ReplyDelete