Monday, June 25, 2012

Craig: Today I have e-mailed the Shawnee Appalachian Tribe and asked them to please watch the  film Viking Visitors to North America.  Although, I received an email shortly after saying one of my emails did not make it through, if someone could find out if it went through or forward the email to them I would be grateful.  Also today I have done my best to finish Stanza 4.4 but I feel something is missing and the Old Norse Drottkvaet score does not reach 80%... this Stanza is starting to become very frustrating, but maybe I have just messed up the Drottkvaett, if it can be double checked I would be grateful.  Also I decided to stay with MOSOGQUEHT but I have also found another word that might fit in Vol 4. p. 72 MANASHK.  On another note I have discovered another missing page from the Viking and the Redman.  It is Volume 5 p. 66, it is cut off in the picture.  But with out further a due here is the Drottkvaett and Old Norse/English paraphrase.



Key: Aliteration = ______
Rhyme = “”


Lenape Drottkvaett

S w S w S w

An go me ch at ei

“ow” ch ekee”ei” “ow

“mo” “so” gq ve ht mi

no “a” “la” tan

ALIT 5/8 RHM 4/8 = 9/8 =112.5%

Old Norse Drottkvaett

S w S w S w

O en ga mi kill ei

“ga” st “er” “kr” eiga

no suu ga mi ldr hal

va th ann

ALIT 3/8 RHM 2/8 = 5/8 = 62.5%

Old Norse/English Paraphrase

A few hunters had adhered (together), that good half

No comments:

Post a Comment