Monday, June 18, 2012

Craig: Today I did further decipherment on the stanza 4.4, I had skipped over the Elmusichik for today just because Myron had sent an email showing the decipherment for Elmusichik and something seems a bit off and I just want to look into it more extensively.  Also, I had looked in the next Phrase Menalting and came up empty for the whole word in all eight volumes, but as I was going through the volumes I came across these words that might fit Menalting since it must now be broken down into syllables.  MINA Vol. 4 p 177, MINO Vol. 4 p. 81, MANA Vol 8. p. 49, MANU Vol 8 p. 49.  Also after looking further into the idea of using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) for deciphering, I have come to the conclusion that with the resources possessed for this project it would not be a functional alternative to the current way of deciphering.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT, Craig!

    I think MINO is the best word. A "good" meeting seems to fit what the Stanza Maker was trying to put into the stanza.

    You can find a syllable AL in the middle of 1.9. (once in a while the Lenape spoke in plain English.)

    The lasr syllable is tricky to find because 17th century translators mangled the spelling. I think the Norse syllable at the bottom of page 5.195 captures the meaning.

    In Iceland and in Greenland the annual meeting of the men, who gathered to make laws and deals, was called the "Althing."

    Keep it rolling

    ReplyDelete