Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Craig: Today I finished the spreadsheet for Stanza 4.3, although I will probably have to revise it and 4.3.  Also, today I decided to gain more insight into the Viking history of Greenland as I have mainly only been doing the deciphering, to familiarize myself with the history behind our project a bit more.  But I did also do some deciphering today and came up with Vol. 4 p. 12 ANGO for Angomelchik and for the second part I found a potential work Vol. 6 p. 63 MECHAT.  

1 comment:

  1. Things are moving along well.

    I recommend that you stay with the two words you found for phrase 1,

    I suggest that you use the ON definition in 1. to "make tight." I think the stanzamaker was trying to say "without further ado."

    The word phrase 4, "menalthing" is defined on page 354 of Frozen Trail to Merica.

    You can find similar words in Sherwin.

    I suggest that the Frozen Trail to Merica books are the best concise, coordinated histories of the Greenland history and migration to America. Good vetting is important, but In the five years since their publication, I have not found a major artifact or piece of testimony that makes me want to make major changes to those books. If you read those books, you should have adequate information so you may realize you are deciphering a real history.

    Decipherment of the real history is powerful because the Maalan Aarum history can be tied to Norway history (coming up) and to real solid evidence (a few stanzas later.)

    Your decipherment of verses 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 both confirm that the Norse, who called themselves Lenape, came to James Bay, multiplied by living on Geese and whales, and learned that the country was a "well land." All those pieces of testimony are important to verify the past was correct and, now, to move the story along.

    ReplyDelete