Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Craig:
Today I went back and began to further WORD DECODE AKHOMENIS by switching A for E-I-O-U and while looking for these switches I also looked for the WORD DECODING for K which are D-G-P-T, and so far I have only gotten through to the beginning of Volume 5 letter E.  But I have some promising words so far, ETCHEMIN vol. 1 p. 53, UKCHIGUM Vol, 1 p. 211, EKAEYAMITHAT Vol. 4 p. 32, OKWEGAN Vol 4 p. 102, and OTCHIMANIBAN vol. 4 p. 100.  I also found some back up words in case I have to break AKHOMENIS down into separate syllables again so at least I will not have to go back and re-read the same material over again for a similar word.  Also, I seem to be missing Vol. 3 pg 26 and if there is anyway possible to get it to me I would be grateful.  On a side note, I found two words in my search that I noted that intrigued me, the first was OHKASOH JESUS Vol 1 p. 36 which means mother of jesus and UKCHEGOO'S Vol. 1 p. 211 which means December  and in parenthesis next to it was this (the greatest or most excellent month because Christmas comes in it) which would help prove the idea that the Lenape were Christians but by the time The Viking and the Redman was written the Lenape would have been exposed to Christianity, so there is  no way to tell whether or not these words came before the arrival of European settlers (i.e. the Dutch, Swede's, and English, not the Vikings) or after.

(Mike)

I will be going to my local library and will be taking out books by C.A. Weslager and Herbert Kraft.

I also will be looking into publications written by Eben Norton Horsford.

2 comments:

  1. Craig, Mike, and Robert,

    I will send missing page as attachment to email tomorrow.

    This episode with "AKHOMENIS" gives us a chance to discuss tactics, which may make you more proficient.

    1. Every phrase should be sub divided into syllables at the first step, because:
    The stanza maker was usually using simple one or two syllable words.
    The Lenape speaker was saying those memorized syllables in a burst.
    The Monrovian's recorded usually recorded the burst of syllables as one word.

    So a realistic division of syllabus was
    AKHO MEN IS
    [Now, I think the choice for the syllables was not correct, but I want to follow through to illustrate that an incorrect choice can lead to a better answer.]

    2. You searched for the first syllable "AKHO" in all 17 places and judged that none were acceptable.
    You did the correct steps.

    [But the results reminded me that the "AKHO" syllable was also found as "ACCO,"

    On 8.134 the English definition from the NORSE is not quite acceptable. But the separation of "A," which means "AT," which means "That" implies that "A" may be a stand alone syllable.

    So we should accept that result until the meaning of the complete stanza or the Drottkvaett score tells us we are not correct.

    Then, because I was not satisfied with the definition, I chose to look at what KAMA 6.166 had for definitions.
    The first Lenape definition was "the opposite side."

    I think that definition is excellent because that stanza maker and his friends had just walked to "That opposed side." So I suggest we accept "A KAMA" as the Lenape syllables the Moravians recorded as "AKHOME."

    I apologize for leading you on a day long effort to find a better word by writing that "All vowels are interchangeable."

    I was just trying to tell you that it would be acceptable to substitute Sherwin's word KAMA for the Moravian's word KHOME. The consonants are what count, the vowels can vary between Sherwin's and the Moravian's Leanpe.

    I use the "All vowels are interchangeable" only when the consonants are similar but Sherwin has different vowels.

    Do NOT consume time by searching for words by going through the five vowels.

    Do NOT consume time by looking at other letters in the consonant cluster unless the first sweep is not acceptable. In our case, the ACCO solution was adequate.

    That left the syllable NIS. I was surprised to learn that Sherwin thought it meant NORSE. If so, that syllable becomes outstanding evidence that the Maalan Aarum in an Old Norse document. But again, I suggest we accept that definition for now.

    I suggest you decipher the rest of the stanza bevore you consider chaining what we have.

    SUMMARY
    Divide all phrases into syllable.

    Do the first sweep until you find an acceptable definition.

    Try alternate constants until you find an acceptable definition.

    Substitute Sherwin's Lenape words for the Moravians words only if the consonants remain the same and Sherwin's vowels replace the Moravians' vowels. [one vowel may replace two or more.]

    When an acceptable definition is found move on to the next phrase.

    Check the decipherment by the meaning of the total stanza, the Drottkvaett format, and the circumstances as shown by the pictographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Craig!

    We Done good!

    I think we hit pay dirt on the first phrase. We found the missing link between the Maalan Aarum and the Norse. This is strong testimony that the Maalan Aarum is the history of the Norse Christian Lenape.

    Original English While they were searching for Snake Island
    Recorded sounds a khome nis
    Lenape at ka ma nis (ca) 1.24, 6.166, 1.124; 1. 2, 3
    Old Norse at gu mpa norska
    Decipherment all the opposite side Norse
    Paraphrase The Norse on the opposite side.

    Notes:
    1. Vowels are interchangeable.
    2. The "t" for "at" was apparently missed.
    3. The "Ca" syllable for "nisca" appears to be missing.
    Comments:
    This decipherment is Important! Because this stanza specifically connects the Maalan Aarum to the Norse, who made the migration to the opposite side of Davis Strait.

    The stanza maker could use descriptive phrases to get the Drottkvaett format correct.

    The Moravian obsession with snakes "ako" and their hasty translation of "is" for Island resulted in a misleading translation that has mislead scholars for nearly two centuries.

    ReplyDelete